Doug Greenwald, from the Firm's Kansas City, KS office, is set to receive the Pro Bono Award from the Kansas Bar Association at the June 15th Annual Meeting. Doug previously received the Pro Bono Certificate of Appreciation in 2010.
This award recognizes a lawyer or law firm for the delivery of direct legal services, free of charge, to the poor or, in appropriate instances, to charitable organizations whose primary purpose is to provide other services to the poor.
- No more than three Pro Bono Awards may be given in any one year.
In addition to the Pro Bono Award, the KBA awards a number of Pro Bono Certificates of Appreciation to lawyers who meet the following criteria:
- Lawyers who are not employed full time by an organization that has as its primary purpose the provision of free legal services to the poor;
- Lawyers who, with no expectation of receiving a fee, have provided direct delivery of legal services in civil or criminal matters to a client or client group that does not have the resources to employ compensated counsel;
- Lawyers who have made a voluntary contribution of a significant portion of time to providing legal services to the poor without charge; and/or
- Lawyers whose voluntary contributions have resulted in increased access to legal services on the part of low- and moderate-income persons.
Mr. Greenwald has over 30 years of experience representing a variety of individuals, corporations and insurance companies. He works in the firm's Tort Casualty practice area representing clients in general civil litigation, personal injury, product liability, commercial litigation, and labor and employment.
Since 1999, Mr. Greenwald has served on theKid's TLC Board of Directors. He also serves on the United Way of Wyandotte County Board.
For more information about the 2018 Kansas Bar Association Honorees, click here.
Click here, to see footage of Doug receiving the award